I slept in your arms. We rang in the new year. I was smelling of someone else but now you are in my head. I liked laying in your arms. I don’t know if you feel the same way. Do you want to see me in normal light?
The thought of you makes me smile with such vibrance I need to hide it against my knee.
After you the rainy night did not feel lonely or scary or dark. It was brightly lit with crystal chandeliers, droplets falling down.
I can still smell you on me. After 4 showers. I want my scent back.
You gave me the opportunity to smile into my knee. You gave me smiles into my computer monitor. I missed you during the day while you slept.On the third date, I looked over at you over the candlelight and thought you were the cutest. I didn’t know what to eat or where to go because I just wanted to be next to you. I wanted to be nestled in your arms, my body against yours. I had no reason for liking you but that I did. I wanted to look into your eyes and make chit chat. I wanted to strip you and take pictures of your bed head. I wondered why you didn’t hold my hand or why you didn’t kiss me or why you didn’t look into my eyes. I moved that drink from the armrest between us so you could hold my hand. I left my arm there so maybe you could touch it. You kissed me awkwardly by that bus stop so many dates later. Your bed broke and we never came. We never shared a moment, making out by the water, in the rain. We were there, we just didn’t have that moment.
You made my question Toronto. You made me try to rethink my career aspiration of 6 years. I was dreading the day I had to make that decision. You were the first to do that to me.
I cried today. I cried while I placed those dollar store ornaments on my Charles Brown tree. I cried while drinking the foam of my 750ml Stella Artois. I cried then wiped my tears into my bubble bath with Adele. I will be okay tomorrow.
I am grateful you were once here. You made me realize I can feel vulnerable, feel love, feel neediness, feel hopelessly out of control of all the emotions yet be so happy. I felt sad, disappointed, not hurt, that there couldn’t be more. I felt the spark, maybe you didn’t, but that is okay. I guess we can be friends one day, just not today.
- The most popular quote is “All I’ve had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch.”
- Working in beer is apparently extremely attractive to guys.
- There are already bots on Tinder, but only using female profiles to get the males.
- Many users, female and males, don’t chat on Tinder. Leaves me confused as to why they are on the app.
- If there is a group of people in the profile photo, the user is the ugliest person in the photo. Guaranteed.
- If their profile photo has a trimmed beard, it won’t be that length when you meet them.
- The more they say they like humour or interesting conversation, the more boring they are to talk to.
- Males like fishing, beer, trucks/cars. Females like horses.
Shirtless picture = looking for sex
No bio = looking for sex
Start a conversation by asking to hang out = looking for sex
Start a conversation by asking for sex = looking for sex
Conclusion: Tinder hosts a pool of boring, hairy, drunk, ugly, Archer-loving people looking for sex.
So I use Tinder.